March 19-22, 2018
El Caribe Resort, Daytona, FL
National Youth Worker Retreat
$45 includes training for four days and breakfast and lunch meals. Training times will be featured in the mornings and evenings with afternoons open for free time in Daytona. Retreat will start the evening of Monday, March 19 and conclude Thursday morning, March 22. You are welcome to make reservations to come early or stay late at El Caribe Resort for your own vacation at the discounted rate.
Historic El Caribe Resort, Daytona, Florida
Oceanfront property for $110 per night per roomwith Retreat registration. (Discounted for registrants)
– Balcony room with two queen beds (Book multiple registrants per room to save costs or families are also welcome to come.)n Free parking and WIFI and no additional resort fees
– Small kitchen with easy access to grocery stores across the street
– Access to pools onsite, ocean swimming, grills, volleyball net, shuffleboard, basketball, and other beach activities
If you are coming by yourself and are looking to share a room with other youth workers of the same gender to save costs, contact CE National and we will try to accomodate you.
Reservations at El Caribe Resort, transportation, and dinners are at your cost. Reservations can be made by calling the resort at (386) 252-1558 with the retreat code for room discount pricing made available to you upon retreat registration at cenationalregister.org/retreat.
Retreat Training Includes
- Building Relationships with other Youth Workers
- Counseling Youth and Families on Issues of Today’s Society
- Setting Goals and Plans in your Youth Program
- Building Relationships with Youth
- Methods for Reaching into Public Schools
- Understanding Generation Z – Today’s High School Students
Joel Hawthorne will be at the Retreat to talk on how to set effective goals and how to have a positive accountability system with your volunteer staff. Joel is the president of a large organization of 1,000+ employees and will be sharing great insights into these practices.
Lead Pastor of a church of 800 people, Bruce Barlow and his wife Christi Barlow will share with us how they offer Biblical Counseling to people in the community. Training will be available during the week on topics such as, helping youth find their identity, gender issues, and relationships with parents and peers. The Barlows are trained in Biblical Counseling by Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries. There will be informal meetings with any youth worker wives with Christi Barlow about being a wife and mother in ministry.
Timothy Kurtaneck, Director of The National Institute for Youth at Grace College will teach characteristics of Generation Z and how to reach today’s young people.
The National Youth Worker Retreat offers the opportunity to enjoy the beach and Daytona with free time in the afternoons, but there will also be optional afternoon opportunities to interact with other youth workers about how to connect with today’s young people. The book, Growing Younger by Kara Powell will be discussed as a good resource for youth workers to understand how today’s generation is changing. We recommend reading the book prior to the Retreat and bringing the book with you.
Other informal discussions lead by Ed Lewis, Ed Short, Dave Rank, and others will include topics on:
– How to start a Bible Club in a School
– Youth Curriculum for Your Local Church
– How to Prepare Students for their Futures
– How to Work with a Senior Pastor and the Staff
– Uniquenesses of Middle Schooler Students
– Balancing Your Life and Ministry
– How to Handle the Student with an Attitude Problem
– Working with Parents
– When to Divide a Youth Group
Ready to plan your week in Florida? Bring another youth worker with you and save! If you share about the retreat with another youth worker from your network who serves at a different church about the Retreat, both of you can attend free! Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org about the referral when you’re ready to register.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 574-267-6622 with any questions.
The National Youth Worker Retreat is a ministry of CE National.CE National is a church effectiveness ministry. Our mission is to be a catalyst for all believers to be trained and mobilized to be On Mission. Find out more about CE National at cenational.org